Friday, October 7, 2011

Time Flies!

Okay so this blog has been sitting on the other computer for over a week now...Yeah me I finially remembered to email it to myself.
Enabling-

I was in a meeting with an administrator, parent and student about tardies. AND I am tired. I am tired of people enabling students bad behavior.  I have a student whose parent is able to work the system enough, where she has a chronic illness form so her student has no consequences for truancy or tardies. What the hell!
 A student is allowed at home and now at school due to his BIP and IEP allowed to dictate his consequences. If only I didn’t have to bite my tongue, I would be able to say to this parent, “Let your student suffer the negative consequences for their bad behavior. STOP coming up with excuses for the refusal of negative responses and bad behavior! There is not anyone that I no that likes to be told NO but by the time they are in high school they should have learned how to handle being told no with out temper tantrums and you hollering about a law suit. Your child makes bad decisions and you need to let him suffer the consequences or he won’t know how to do it once he is an adult. Your student isn’t special ed, he just has bad behavior habits that you have enabled since birth!”

But then I think, what have I done to continue on the enabling of this students bad behavior? How have I allowed this to continue? Which students am I enabling without giving it a second thought? Do I enable my own children? What bad and obnoxious behaviors have I allowed and made excuses for? Have I enabled my self?

Oh Crap! I am also an enabler?!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a tough situation! I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete